Polish Green Network and CEE Bankwatch Network are seeking an Energy Transformation Campaigner for implementing joint activities in Poland.
Polish Green Network is a national alliance of 10 strongest environmental and sustainable development associations and foundations based in the largest cities of Poland. The main areas of its activities are advocating for social and environmental justice within sustainable development, establishing social control mechanisms over public funds, increasing consumers impact on multinational corporations, building public support for development and providing development assistance in the Global South countries and Eastern Europe. Since 2008 PGN has been conducting campaigns and projects in the area of climate protection and decarbonisation of economy. PGN is a leading sustainable development network in Poland, making it one of the few NGOs in Poland able to work across all regions of the country.
CEE Bankwatch Network is an international NGO with member organisations from countries across the central European region. Its mission is to prevent the environmentally and socially harmful impacts of international development finance, and of EU funding, and to promote alternative solutions and public participation.
Job profile/ main responsibilities:
- Campaigning to use EU public finance for transformation of energy sector in the Poland towards low-carbon economy;
- Networking with national and regional environmental, social and human rights NGOs;
- Advocating for sustainable future EU financing at the European level (incl. the European Commission, Parliament and Council);
- Developing and implementing communication activities, publications, and working with media;
- Implementing project activities like organising workshops, debates, writing and editing publications
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- Understanding of and readiness to pursue the missions, objectives and values of Bankwatch and Polish Green Network;
- Fluent spoken and written Polish and English are required for this position,
- Good communication and public outreach skills;
- Ability to work effectively, independently and in teams;
- Good organisational skills, experience in project implementation and management;
- At least two years’ experience in campaigning, advocacy, media work;
- Knowledge of EU funds and EU policies, orientation in a wide spectrum of environmental and social topics, energy and climate issues in particular;
How to apply
- This is full time position, based in the Polish Green Network office in Warsaw
- Please send a letter of motivation and CV to email@example.com. The letter of motivation should clearly describe why you want the job and demonstrate how your skills and experience are relevant to the job requirements detailed above.
- Closing date for applications is 29 April 2016.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews during the week of 9 May 2016.
- Bankwatch and Polish Green Network are equal opportunities employers.
CEE Bankwatch Network
Tel: +420 603154349